Tuesday 12 December 2006

Playing with flour

It's the folic acid issue again, the state wants to medicate you in a compulsory fashion and in the name of consultation it is preparing to ask you whether you want to be told what to do.

Now folic acid is good stuff, I take 400 mcg a day of it on the basis there is a reasonable amount of evidence it will be of some benefit to me. For expectant mothers it appears to be of special value and it is of great importance that they receive a reasonable intake. In fact if there was a charity whose sole purpose was to spread the word about it's value, I would possibly slip them some cash.

However I will oppose any moves by the state to force individuals to take it. While one can expect much debate about supposed pros and cons, the elephant in the room is that the state wants to take control of what I put into my body. For me that requires no debate at all.

No comments: